The Little Books of Growing Up: Puberty.
This book deals with the changes that occur during adolescence. These are divided into five chapters:
- Adrenarche — hormones begin to sway the body; developing androgenic hair, sweat glands, acne
- Gonadarche — growth of sex organs (ovaries, testicles)
- Thelarche — breast development in females
- Pubarche — growth of puibc hair
- Menarche — first menses
- Spermarche — development of sperm
Not all images/explanatory text is shown here; of course, but you get the idea. The drawings were done in ballpoint pen inside a 10.5 x 6.5cm Moleskine sketchbook.
So this is my most recent little book; the “book autopsy,” which is still not finished yet because I need to get some suitable thread.
But basically you open it and see a bunch of organs all nicely layered and body-cavitylike. Or that’s the idea.
I take photos with my cellphone, because I’m a serious artist EDIT: Proper photos here.