The Little Books of Growing Up: Puberty.
This book deals with the changes that occur during adolescence. These are divided into five chapters:
- Adrenarche — hormones begin to sway the body; developing androgenic hair, sweat glands, acne
- Gonadarche — growth of sex organs (ovaries, testicles)
- Thelarche — breast development in females
- Pubarche — growth of puibc hair
- Menarche — first menses
- Spermarche — development of sperm
Not all images/explanatory text is shown here; of course, but you get the idea. The drawings were done in ballpoint pen inside a 10.5 x 6.5cm Moleskine sketchbook.
The Little Books of Growing Up: Childhood.
This book deals with the changes that happen in the body during childhood; such as the fusing of bones (children are born with over 270 bones while adults only have 230), changes of proportion to facilitate balance, the growth of permanent teeth, etc.
The drawings and text (not pictured) were all done in a 10.5 x 6.5cm Moleskine sketchbook, so it was a fairly small area to work with.